Sunday, July 18, 2010

2010-07-18 With Ritsuko and Tomohiro

After having lunch with my aunties, we went home, convinced my mother to come with us to see Ritsuko and her family (her husband, Tomohiro, and her baby, Ooka-chan), and she drove us to Ritsuko's apartment in Ibaragi city. My mother is a dangerous driver as she drives VERY slowly. So slowly, in fact, that I had to remind her many times that she'd need to accelerate to go forward...

Ritsuko's husband, Tomohiro, is an unique guy. He is a surgeon and at the same time develops robots as his profession. This means he has so many computers, gadgets, and strange things at their apartment (it's almost like an amusement park for him). This time he had a pack of fireworks on the kitchen counter... and by the look of it, he had lit one in the kitchen sink... (He is a real kid!)


200 hand-held fireworks!


Zach lit one in the kitchen together with Tomohiro


While my mother was baby-sitting Ooka-chan, we went out for dinner at the near-by Japanese restaurant. As Tomohiro is a chef himself (very good at cooking fish), he knows places which have particularly good fish. Zach and I, who do not have fresh fish that often, were literally digging into the dishes.


Giant clam with crispy river crabs (photo with iPhone)


Oysters! (photo with iPhone)


Tomohiro, who was intently seeing us eat, muttered... "Seeing you eat so vigorously makes me happy... Please eat more!" And that's what we did.


Tomohiro, Ritsuko, me, and Zach


Thank you, Tomohiro & Ritsuko, for a wonderful dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment