Sunday, January 10, 2010

2010-01-10 Making stuffed cats

We flew back to Japan on January 9th, at 11:00 p.m. And guess what we were "requested" to do as soon as we arrived at my parents' house in Osaka?
My younger sister asked us to help her make two stuffed cats, gracefully thrashing felt, needle and thread, and in the end, pleading help from us... She flew from New York and arrived on the same day.. How cold-hearted should I have to be to turn her down??? (Just a 0.5 degree..)
So we drew the patterns and cut out the parts on Saturday and sewed them together and made parts (head, body, ears, tails, etc.) on the next day.
My father wanted to give us a hand as we "wanted to borrow a cat's hands"(猫の手も借りたい) - Translation: we were desperate for any help!
My father: "By the way, what should I do with this string and a needle?"
Me: " Have you sewed before?"
My father: "No."
Me: "Have you held a needle before?"
My father: "No."
Me: "... You'll do great!"


At 2:00 a.m. on Monday, all parts were done, yet still separated. Tomoko came up with this idea that we sort of assembled cats at the reception, placing the faces on the table, and ears and bodies around them...
Our plan was to leave home at 7 a.m. So we decided to hit the hay, comforting ourselves, saying "Maybe, maybe when we wake up, we still have some time to sew the parts together.. "
When we woke up, the cats were magically sitting on the table..
While we were asleep, Zach sewed all the parts together (except tails), and made two lovely cats! ........... Zach rocks my family! Again, we were touched by his kindness.


Beautiful collaboration

No comments:

Post a Comment